CESBC Professional Development Workshop:
Dynamic Data: Mastering Pivot Tables for Engaging Data Viz with Carolyn Hoessler
Space is limited to 30 people. Register by May 18, 2020 to reserve your seat.
*Non BC Chapter members please email proof of CES membership (including expiry date) to email@example.com to be added to our system as a member and pay the member rate.*
Are you getting all you can from Excel?
Do you want to learn how to efficiently summarize your data and create data visualisations that engage?
Do you want to up your data viz skills?
Join us for our first online mini-course!
Dates: Monday, May 25 to Friday May 29, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m daily (PDT)
Location: Zoom meeting - link will be provide on registration
Presenter: Carolyn Hoessler, Ph.D., C.E. Founder, Higher Education & Beyond
Carolyn brings over 15 years of experience in data analysis and facilitating data-based discussions. www.hedbeyond.ca
In this hands-on workshop, you will:
- Create pivot tables in Excel and adapt them to answer emergent questions.
- Create charts and visuals that auto-update from refreshed pivot tables.
- Use conditional formatting and pivot tables to create heat maps.
- Theme basic qualitative data in Excel and summarize it with pivot tables.
For each topic, Carolyn will use a three-stage teaching method:
- See one - Watch Carolyn go through each step
- Mirror one – Go through each step with Carolyn
- Do one – Go through each step on our own (with Carolyn ready to trouble shoot)
This workshop is intended for individuals familiar with Excel. Bring your own laptop and ensure your version of Excel has the option for pivot tables.
Registrant cancellation Policy: 50% refund one month before event. After that a substitute name only.
CESBC reserves the right to cancel the workshop. Full refunds will be provided in the event that the workshop is cancelled.