The Canadian Evaluation Society is searching for a new president who will hold office for the period July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2020. In the event that more than one valid nomination is received, an election will be held where all CES members in good standing will be invited to participate. If only one nomination is received, it will be reviewed for approval by members of the CES Board of Directors.
Candidates are required to provide an electronic statement of why s/he should serve in the position and what relevant skills and abilities (including language) they possess. Candidates will also be required to provide electronic copies of their curriculum vitae and a photo.
The role and duties of the President are outlined in the Terms of Reference #6 Role of President shown below.
To be officially nominated, all candidates must send their background information to the CES Secretariat and the Chair of the Governance Process Committee no later than midnight EST March 4, 2018. Nominations can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Canadian Evaluation Society
Role of President
Terms of Reference: TOR - 6
Promote program evaluation, CES and the PDP in Canada and abroad
- Engage with national, provincial, regional, and local governments
- Promote with like-minded associations
- Inspire media and other important actors
- Ensure partner and service provider relationships are managed (with the Past President)
- Communicate proactively with all in the evaluation ecosystem, including users and producers of evaluation
- Represent CES at conferences, meetings of other associations, etc.
Lead the Society
- Engage chapters and members in national plans and activities
- Ensure effective internal communications
- Rally the organization around the strategic plan
- Keep membership apprised of issues and solutions
- Produce President's report for CES Annual Report by June 30 of each year
- Leads the meetings of the Board and Executive Committee, the Annual General Meeting, general meetings, and special meetings
Oversee CES services and activities
- Ensure annual plan for programming is established and carried out (with Executive Committee)
- Supports the Annual Conference Host Committee
- Supports and supervises the Executive Director
- Be an ex-officio member of all Standing Committees
- Provide advice and assistance to all CES personnel, structures, and committees
- Ensure finances are being managed (with the Treasurer)
With the assistance of the Board, plan for succession to the Board and Executive Committee
- Manages the selection process for Executive Committee positions
- Ensure election/ratification is conducted (with the Past President)
- Contribute to the orientation new Board and Executive members
- Orient and transfer knowledge and files to the new President